Static routing is a route which have routing table static with setting manually by network administrator. Configuration for static routing is very simple can do in the computer network. Using statik routing pure in a network, its mean filled enty on table forwarding each routers on the network.
Using static routing on the small network its not a problem..:D. just some entry to filled in the forwarding table.
Basically, configuration for static routing using command ip route [ip network destionation] [subnetmask] [ip port before the network destination]
Case Static Routing
1. Create Topology like above
2. Set IP address PC, port on the router and make sure all device has been UP.
3. Set ip route:
- R1: ip route 18.104.22.168 255.255.255.0 22.214.171.124, ip route 126.96.36.199 255.255.255.0 188.8.131.52
- R2: ip route 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 184.108.40.206, ip route 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.0 18.104.22.168
- R3: ip route 22.214.171.124 255.255.255.0 126.96.36.199, ip route 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 188.8.131.52
4. Ping 10.10.10.10 to 184.108.40.206. Reply!